Areza - ACA003 - Calcium Alginate Wound Dressing
Box of 10
4" X 4"
Calcium Alginate Wound Dressing 4″ X 4″ (10 PCS)
Alginate wound dressings are composed of xerogel derived from seaweed. On contact with exudate these dressings form a moist gel through a process of ion exchange. They are soft and conformable, easy to pack, tuck or apply over irregular-shaped wounds. Indicated for wounds with moderate to heavy exudate, such as pressure ulcers, infected wounds, and venous insufficiency ulcers. Alginates generally require a secondary dressing.
- Very high absorption capacity (up to 20 times of it weight).
- Providing required moisture for wound healing.
- Easy and painless removal.
- One piece removal.
- Helps with hemostasis.
- Conforms to the wound specially when moist.
- Turns into a protective layer of gel when in contact with exudate.
- Less frequent dressing changes.
- Specially useful for highly exudative wounds. Can be used in wounds with cavities as well.
- Examples of wounds: pressure ulcers, mixed vascular wounds, leg ulcers, lacerations and abrasions, partial and full- thickness wounds & first and second-degree burns.
- Alginate dressing is highly permeable and non-occlusive. Secondary wound dressing such as island dressing (bordered gauze) may be required.
- Do not use on patient with known allergy to alginates.
|Sold By||Box of 10|
|Product Size||4" X 4"|